Recipe - Mix ‘n Match Toasted English Muffins
Start your day the heart-healthy way: it's fast and delicious.
- 4 100% whole wheat English muffins
- 4 tablespoons low-fat small curd cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to broil (or use toaster oven).
- Split muffins in half.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cottage cheese or peanut butter on each half.
- Place under broiler until bubbly and the muffin rims are toasted (about 2 minutes).
- Serve with fresh fruit and nonfat milk.
Per Serving: 245 calories, 11 gm protein, 31 gm carbohydrate, 9 gm fat, 2 gm sat fat, 4 gm mono fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 6 gm fiber, 455 mg sodium