This is a stand-out salad with the generous amount of mixed fresh herbs and the light dressing that enhances the beans and tomatoes. Make this salad once a week for the basis of any lunch or dinner and you'll be on the road to heart-healthy eating.
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs like basil, mint, cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 black olives, pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Place all the ingredients in a salad bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Make the dressing in a small glass jar and shake.
- Pour dressing on salad, toss and serve.
Per serving: 249 calories, 9g protein, 32g carbohydrates, 10g fat, 1g sat fat, 3g mono fat, 0mg cholesterol, 8g fiber, 120mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK:
You'll love the brightness in flavors and versatility of this dish. It can stand alone or be served casually with canned fish or grilled lean protein.