Recipe - Garlicky Green Beans
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound green beans, rinsed and cut to desired length
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat with black pepper and oil.
- Place green beans in pan and toss until coated.
- Add broth and garlic to pan. Cover and simmer. Check at 5 minutes. The liquid should be absorbed and the beans crisp tender. Add more broth if necessary.
- Plate and add a pinch of salt on top.
Per serving: 55 calories, 2g protein, 6g carbohydrate, 4g fat (0g sat, 4g mono/poly), 0mg cholesterol, 1g fiber, 159mg sodium
Seasoned Cook: Sautéed baby tomatoes or mushrooms go well in this dish as shown here. Green beans out of season? Don’t hesitate to use frozen.
Garlic is used in cuisines all over the World for its unique and pungent flavor and loved for its added health benefits. It aids in reducing total cholesterol, blood pressure and inflammation.