Recipe - Easy Ratatouille
Serves 4 with leftovers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped in 1" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped in 1" pieces
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 3 medium zucchini cut in ¾" slices
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots cut in ½" slices
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté eggplant cubes stirring con-stantly, until eggplant browns and starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and sauté peppers, onions, zucchini, garlic, and carrots until onions are soft and transparent, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, capers, olives, eggplant, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 30 minutes until all vegetables are very tender and liquid is reduced. Then serve.
Per Serving: 195 calories, 7 gm protein, 36 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 3gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 11 gm fiber, 501 mg sodium