Recipe - Blueberry Salmon Fillets
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¼ cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 15 leaves of basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place salmon on nonstick baking sheet and place in oven; check at 7 minutes. Salmon is done when just firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until soft; about 3-5 minutes.
- Add blueberries, vinegar, basil and honey. Warm through, stirring occasionally, then add water. Simmer for a few more minutes until berries are soft and basil aromatic.
- Transfer to blender or food processor and blend. Spoon over salmon fillets.
Per serving: 303 calories, 24g protein, 17g carbohydrates, 15g fat (4g sat, 11g mono/poly), 57mg cholesterol, 1g fiber, 60mg sodium
Seasoned Cook Experiment with other fruits such as strawberries or pineapple. Save extra sauce for tomorrow’s lunch wrap.
This dish packs 10x the potassium to sodium, helping to reduce blood pressure.
Serve with a whole grain and Tangy and Sweet Brussels Sprouts Slaw.