Recipe - Blackened Rockfish Curry
You could call this dish “curry in a hurry.” Your guests will call it fantastic.
- 16 ounces Rockfish (or other firm white fish) cut in bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup pineapple chunks canned in juice, drained
- ½ cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice plain yogurt and cilantro (optional garnishes)
- Coat fish pieces in lemon juice. Combine next four spices and coat fish pieces.
- Heat half of olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté fish pieces, turning frequently until just browned on all sides (about 3 minutes). Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet on medium low. Add onions, garlic and ginger root. Sauté stirring often until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli, pineapple and red pepper. Simmer until broccoli and peppers are just done (approx. 10-15 minutes, add fish for last few minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Serve over brown rice. Top with plain yogurt and cilantro if you’d like.
Per serving with rice: 336 calories, 26 gm protein, 41 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 4 gm mono fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 5 gm fiber, 360 mg sodium