Recipe - Black Bean and Edamame Salad
- 1 10-ounce package frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans*, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery (about 3 medium stalks)
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups of your favorite cabbage, chopped, or cole slaw mix
*Optional: low-sodium kidney beans, white beans, or blackeyed peas can be substituted for black beans.
For the rice vinegar dressing:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients, up to the dressing ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, then add to the vegetable mixture. Chill until cold, about 1 hour. Serve.
Per serving with dressing: 383 calories, 22g protein, 56g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 1g sat fat, 4g mono fat, 0mg cholesterol, 21g fiber, 49mg sodium (with optional salt: 323mg sodium)
The Seasoned Cook: Make this salad up to one day ahead, because the longer it marinates with the dressing, the better it gets!