Recipe - BBQ Chicken Salad
A chicken salad that's as fast as it is delicious.
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 8 cups romaine and spinach, torn
- 12 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ small jicama, cut into medium dice (optional)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ 15-ounce can corn, drained (or frozen and thawed)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into medium dice
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, white and light green parts only
- Pinch black pepper
- Put chicken into bowl with BBQ sauce and toss to coat.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together remaining ingredients, except for tomatoes. Top salad with chicken and circle with tomatoes.
- Serve with dressing on the side.
Salad with dressing: 416 calories, 37 gm protein, 52 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm fat, 2 gm sat fat, 1 gm mono fat, 78 mg cholesterol, 10 fiber, 628 mg sodium