Recipe - Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 8 leaves of butter lettuce or Savoy cabbage
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium high. Add onion and sauté until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumber, mint, and lime juice in a bowl; set aside.
- Add peanut, hoisin, and soy sauces to turkey. Stir and warm through.
- Place the mixture onto leaves and top with cucumber mixture. Fold sides over filling, roll up, and eat!
Per Serving (2 wraps): 209 calories, 24g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 1g sat fat, 4g mono fat, 53mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 305mg sodium
The Seasoned Cook: With these ingredients on hand, you've got a meal in 15 minutes. These also work as a first course and are great with a fruit salad.