Serve with Sweet Potato Shrimp Cakes
- 6 cups greens, like kale, Swiss chard, cabbage, shredded Brussels sprouts, spinach
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ tablespoon each cider vinegar, honey, chopped mint
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Slice the greens into thin ribbons (approx ¼-inch wide) and toss together in large salad bowl.
- Add sunflower seeds, almonds and raisins to greens.
- Put dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously until blended. Drizzle over greens, toss and serve.
Per serving: 200 calories, 6g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 12g fat, 2g sat fat, 6g mono fat, 0mg cholesterol, 4g fiber, 136mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK:
This is a good way to use leftover shredded cabbage from Family Night Fish Tacos.
One trick for creating ribbons is to use scissors.