Providence Health eXpress–Infectious Disease Services
Infectious disease physicians are internal medicine doctors who specialize in diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites.
A remote consult from your Providence Health eXpress clinic is only available to patients who have first been seen by one of the Providence Infectious Disease Consultants-West providers at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center. The providers require a referral from a patient's primary physician.
Common reasons for patients to see an infectious disease specialist include:
- Bone and joint infections
- HIV disease
- Recurrent skin infections, such as MRSA
- Uncommon infections acquired in the United States or abroad
- Infections complicating a unique immune system
- Viral hepatitis
- Recurrent and drug resistant urinary tract infections
- Prolonged fever of unknown origin
- Recurrent clostridium difficile
Not all conditions are able to be treated through Providence Health eXpress. Please call 503-216-7000 to schedule an appointment.