Providence Community Health Foundation-Medford
In 1910, the doctors in the Rogue Valley put out a plea to the Sisters of Providence and Mother Joseph to come serve our community. Three Sisters of Providence arrived at the Medford depot in 1911 to begin a labor of love in the Rogue Valley, building Sacred Heart Hospital that year. They were committed to finding ways to provide care for those less fortunate.
In the early 1960s, the Sisters could no longer maintain Sacred Heart Hospital, so the community rallied to raise enough funds to build a new hospital in Medford. That new hospital is where we are now, Providence Medford Medical Center.
For more than 100 years, Providence has remained true to the mission of caring for the poor and vulnerable. Providence Medford's story is one of faith and hard work in response to a community's needs. It is also a story of a community's support for the Sisters' vision. Together, it is a story of excellence in health care for the people of southern Oregon and northern California. more ›
Through their estate gift, the Brophys ensure quality health care into the future.