Providence Cancer Support Services
Receiving a diagnosis of cancer can cause expected and normal emotional distress. Many patients may not understand or remember important information that the doctor gives them about their diagnosis and treatment options. Find
Patients may have concerns about how cancer treatment will impact various aspects of their lives and the lives of family and close friends. Our team of professional oncology social workers and nurse navigators helps cancer patients and their families before, during and after treatment.
We offer a variety of services including:
- Practical assistance with housing, transportation and filing for medication
- Assistance with disability claims
- Help in communicating with members of the health care team
- Support and referrals for family members
- Cancer support groups
- Cancer-specific information, referrals and lending libraries
- Access to other resources within Providence and the greater community
Providence Cancer Support Services are provided at no charge to Providence cancer patients and their families.