Satisfaction surveys were completed by patients receiving services through Providence Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Program. Below are comments most often indicated by patients:
What part of the session was most helpful?
- It took away some of the worry about my cancer being caused by genetics—which was a big worry.
- Nancy was very knowledgeable and able to explain things in an easy to understand way.
- Decreased fear of the unknown
- Educational handouts
- Reports on my family history
- Information on how to minimize risks for the future
- Statistics about inherited vs. non-inheritable cancer risks
- Nancy's explaining interaction between genetics and cancer
- Receiving information on BRCA gene
- The visual charts and Nancy's clear explanations
Are you planning to make changes based on your risk assessment?
- Discuss medicines with my primary care provider
- Make life style, eating habits and family education a priority
- Assist daughter to have breast cancer screening at 40 not 50
- Asking my family members to test for the cancer genes that I have
- Nancy's efforts helped my attitude going into surgery.
- This has been good for my family.
- Nancy's presentation is amazing.
- I felt very comfortable working with Nancy.