Providence Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Program
Cancer risk assessment examines personal and family history information that influences cancer risk. Providence Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Program helps patients assess their individual cancer risk and outlines steps patients can take to reduce personal risk and detect cancer as early as possible.
While it is not possible to predict exactly who will develop cancer, it is possible to learn more about individual cancer risk factors and the strategies for managing risk.
Providence Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Program can help by:
- Identifying personal cancer risk factors based on medical history and lifestyle factors
- Explaining how family history of cancer influences risk
- Determining whether genetic testing is likely to be useful based on family history
- Recommending a customized set of cancer screening tests
- Providing strategies to reduce cancer risk
Read more about genetic counseling or make an appointment at one of our Portland locations.