Providence Brain and Spine Institute is a comprehensive, integrated program treating all conditions of the brain, spine and nervous system. Our recognized specialists are a partner in your care, using the latest technology and techniques to develop the right treatment and recovery plan for you.
Our brain powers our bodies, propels our curiosity, defines our personality and holds our memories. Discovering that you or someone you love has a brain or spine disorder is understandably scary. Fortunately advances in medicine have brought positive outcomes and renewed hope to those struck by an acute or chronic illness.
Providence Brain and Spine Institute treats brain and skull base disorders, as well as stroke, peripheral nerve disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), epilepsy, and other brain and spine disorders. Experts from a variety of disciplines work together to diagnose and assess your condition, and design a treatment and rehabilitation plan just for you.
Our specialists use the latest diagnostics, treatments and surgical procedures and have access to world-class technologies, including:
- The world’s most advanced intraoperative MRI lets surgeons take high-resolution scans of the brain during surgery without moving the patient, allowing greater precision during surgery.
- Gamma Knife Perfexion is the most advanced Gamma Knife technology in the Northwest. It can destroy a tumor nonsurgically with pinpoint accuracy.
- Neuro biplane laboratory, designed just for Providence, allows specialists to perform complex, detailed nonsurgical treatment of stroke and aneurysm.
- Minimally invasive techniques that are easier on the patient and promote speedier recovery.
- Providence Telestroke Network, which provides 19 hospitals in Oregon and Washington access to top stroke specialists 24 hours a day.
Research and discovery
Researchers at the institute are evaluating the treatments of the future with clinical trials and research in multiple sclerosis, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, ALS, spine disorders and intracranial hemorrhage. Through clinical trials, patients have access to new drugs and procedures that may improve their care and quality of life.
Providence Acute Rehabilitation Center
Providence ALS Center
Providence Center for Parkinson's Disease
Providence Cognitive Assessment Clinic
Providence Cranial Services
Providence Epilepsy Services
Providence Multiple Sclerosis Center
Providence Neurocritical Care Services
Providence Neurointerventional Services
Providence Pediatric Neurology
Providence Peripheral Nerve Services
Providence Physiatry Services
Providence Neurology Services
Providence Regional Spine Services
Providence Stroke Center
Providence Telestroke Network
The Gamma Knife Center of Oregon