A glimpse into Providence Acute Rehabilitation Center
Providence Acute Rehabilitation Center
A positive foundation for healing
Watch the video: A glimpse into Providence Acute Rehabilitation Center
What is acute rehabilitation?
The first weeks after a medical event can be crucial to a patient’s overall recovery. Acute rehabilitation helps the recovery process through a series of in-depth daily therapies. These therapies occur at least three hours a day and help patients regain their self-confidence and increase their physical, cognitive, language, emotional and daily living skills so they can return home.
A team approach to care
Under the direction a physiatrist, which is a doctor specially trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation, a team of therapists and rehabilitation nurses works with the patient and family to set recovery goals and prepare for a successful homecoming.
Providence Acute Rehabilitation Center staff includes:
• Rehabilitation nurses
• Social workers
• Physical and occupational therapists
• Speech-language pathologists
In addition to traditional therapies, we offer new options for care, including pet therapy, Reiki-energy therapy, Nintendo Wii therapy, acupuncture, and meditation and mindfulness.
What’s different about acute rehabilitation at Providence?
• All care is provided in a specialized therapeutic area of the hospital, where patients have their own private rooms and receive exceptional care.
• It’s the only inpatient center in Oregon housed at a Magnet-designated hospital.*
• Family visits are easy with close highway access, free parking and on-site transportation.
• Quite simply … Providence is family. We truly care about our patients, provide a warm environment and frequently stay in touch even after patients go home.
*The Magnet Recognition Program® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.Centers with this designation have been shown to have better outcomes and higher patient satisfaction.
A commitment to independence
Our team of experts helps patients focus on their abilities rather than on their disabilities. They address concerns about changes in lifestyle, roles and responsibilities. They also teach families how to provide care and support at home while still respecting their loved one’s independence and dignity.
Before patients are discharged, the Providence Acute Rehabilitation Center team arranges for ongoing medical care and therapy as needed. Continuing medical care is supervised by the patient’s referring doctor.
Providence Acute Rehabilitation Program
Hours of operation and
more contact info >>