Also known as:
Pediatrician, children's health care
Pediatricians are medical doctors who specialize in the care of children.
Pediatricians can treat children with any type of problem, or they may specialize in specific areas, such as:
- Adolescent medicine (conditions and diseases common to teenagers).
- Cardiology (diseases and conditions of the heart and blood vessels).
- Developmental disorders (behavior, communication, and mental disorders in children).
- Endocrinology (diseases of the endocrine glands, which regulate hormones).
- Gastroenterology (diseases of the digestive system).
- Infectious disease (complex infections).
- Nephrology (diseases of the kidney and urinary system).
- Oncology (cancer).
Pediatricians can be board-certified through the Board of Pediatrics, which is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
At Providence Children's Services
, we know that children’s bodies and minds react differently than adults to injury, illness, medications and therapy. So we have created a caring, family-centered and state-of-the-art environment to make the child’s care experience as pleasant as possible.