Pediatric speech-language pathology
Also known as:
Speech-language therapy, pediatric
The therapists at Providence Neurodevelopmental Center for Children can help your child with speech, language and cognitive communication. We offer specialized services for children with feeding and swallowing needs.
Speech-language pathologists assess, diagnose, treat and help prevent speech, language and communication disorders.
Speech-language pathologists work with people who cannot make speech sounds or cannot make them clearly. They also work with those who have:
- Speech rhythm and fluency problems, such as stuttering
- Voice-quality problems, such as inappropriate pitch or harsh voice
- Problems understanding and producing language
- Cognitive communication problems, such as attention, memory and problem-solving disorders
- Oral motor problems that cause eating and swallowing difficulties
Watch What is a Speech Therapist