My Little Waiting Room
offers a fun, safe, drop-in child care environment for children whose families are tending to medical appointments or visiting patients at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center or Providence Portland Medical Center. The program is designed specifically for children aged 6 weeks to 10 years old.
Operated by Volunteers of America Oregon, the service is professionally staffed and fully licensed to care for up to 15 children at a time at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center and 12 at Providence Portland Medical Center.
Drop-in care is available, however, if you plan to have an appointment at the hospital, we highly recommend
you reserve a space in advance for your children at My Little Waiting Room. If you require more than 90 minutes of care, reservations are required. For reservations, please call
503-216-6597, Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
503-215-5400, Providence Portland Medical Center
or email us
To ease the check-in process, please read the Policies and Agreement Form
before coming in for your first visit.
The service is funded solely by donations. We encourage a suggested donation of $10 per family/per visit.
To protect hospital patients and visitors, all children in care are required to be fever free and symptom free for at least 24 hours prior to drop-off.
My Little Waiting Room closure days are as follows:
- Thursday, January 1 (New Year's Day)
- Monday, January 19 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Wednesday, January 21 Open at 1 p.m. (staff training)
- Friday, January 30 Close at 2 p.m. (staff meeting)
- Friday, April 24 Close at 2 p.m. (staff meeting)
- Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day)
- Friday, July 3 (Independence Day)
- Thursday, July 16 (staff training)
- Friday, July 24 Close at 2 p.m. (staff meeting)
- Monday, September 7 (Labor Day)
- Friday, October 9 (staff training)
- Monday, October 26 (staff training)
- Friday, October 30 Close at 2 p.m. (staff meeting)
- Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 27 (Thanksgiving holiday)
- Friday, December 18 Close at 2 p.m. (staff meeting)
- Thursday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Thursday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve)
My Little Waiting Room was created by two Portland moms to help families make and keep medical appointments. Read more about them and the My Little Waiting Room project.