ICD-10 education and resources for Oregon providers
According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the ICD-10 implementation date is set for October 1, 2015. Effective on this date, ICD-9 will no longer be accepted. Providers are encouraged to take their ICD-10 training sooner rather than later to help them prepare for ICD-10 documentation specificity requirements.
ICD-10 education opportunities:
- ICD-10 Specialty Modules
- ICD-10 Onsite Education and Regional Webinars
- ICD-10 Specialty Tip Cards
- ICD-10 queries from Coders and Clinical Documentation Specialists
- ICD-10 Help Stations at 6 acute care hospitals every Wednesday in Sept.
Please start adding ICD-10 specificity to your documentation now to be ready for ICD-10 on Oct.1, 2015
ICD-10 clinical documentation improvement newsletters:
ICD-10 facility resource tip cards:
ICD-10 misc. resources:
- Online ICD-10 education is being provided on The Commons
- We are moving all users to use their Epic Login as their Commons Login
- Login information: EPIC ID as your username and "TheCommons1" as your password.
- For users who were updated but have not logged in their password will be "TheCommons1". If they have logged in since the update, it will be what they set it to.
- For users who we were unable to update (NPI missing, which was required by the Epic team for Login Extract), they will still have their old login, email. We are asking those users to use the request an account link to give us the correct data.
- For instructions on logging into The Commons, viewing the Epic and ICD-10 Specialty modules, and printing a completion certificate, see this presentation.
- Current available modules are:
- Inpatient Provider ICD-10 General Awareness
- Outpatient Provider ICD-10 General Awareness
- Epic ICD-10 Diagnosis Calculator
- Specialty-Specific ICD-10 Education
- Role-Specific ICD-10 Education for Office, Clinic, and Ancillary Staff
- ICD-10 Stuff You Should Know
- ICD-10 Survival Guide
- ICD-10 Problem List Calculator
*Disclaimer: The Providence IS Help Desk will not be supporting these apps.
**Note: Link only accessible within the Providence internal network
- ICD-10 Medical Surgical Review presentations scheduled at all Oregon acute hospitals and webinars scheduled using Lync
See our current on-site session schedule.
- Concurrent documentation review by Clinical Documentation Specialists
For questions about the on-site sessions or to request a presentation on ICD-10 for your team, please contact:
Jennifer Heck, RN, BSN
Clinical Project Manager
For Providence Medical Group questions about ICD-10, please contact:
Clinical Analysis Support Team
For questions about Providence’s transition to ICD-10, please contact:
Rick Nobleman, JD, PMP
Oregon ICD-10 program manager
For general questions email: ICD10@providence.org