Brain and Spine
Classes & Events
Employer and Workplace Services
Graduate Medical Education and CME
Heart and Vascular
Pregnancy, Labor and Birth
Providence Medical Group
Urgent & Immediate Care
View all services ›
Locations & Clinics
Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Providence Medford Medical Center
Providence Milwaukie Hospital
Providence Newberg Medical Center
Providence Portland Medical Center
Providence Seaside Hospital
Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center
Urgent and Immediate Care
Express Care Clinics
Express Care Kiosk
Express Care Virtual
Immediate care clinics
Clinics & Labs
Occupational medicine clinics
Physical rehabilitation clinics
Primary care clinics
Specialty care clinics
View other locations ›
Find a Doctor
Health Decision Tools
News & Events
News, Events and Classes
How we care videos
For the media
Providence Benedictine Nursing Center Foundation
Providence Child Center Foundation
Providence Community Health Foundation-Medford
Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation
Providence Milwaukie Foundation
Providence Newberg Health Foundation
Providence Portland Medical Foundation
Providence Seaside Hospital Foundation
Providence St. Vincent Medical Foundation
Providence Willamette Falls Medical Foundation
Ways to Give
Make a donation
Volunteer with Providence
Gastrointestinal cancer screening
Forms & Information
Related Forms & Information
Providence Gastrointestinal Cancer Program -- Multidisciplinary Team
Your multidisciplinary gastrointestinal cancer care team consists of these trained specialists:
– A doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the digestive system
– An oncologist is a doctor who specializes in the care of people with cancer. A medical oncologist is an expert in the use of chemotherapy and specialized medications to treat cancer.
– An oncologist is a doctor who specializes in the care of people with cancer. A radiation oncologist is an expert in the use of radiation therapy to treat cancer.
– A medical doctor who operates and treats diseases and conditions associated with the digestive system.
– A doctor who specializes in surgery of the esophagus, in addition to surgery of the heart, lungs, and mediastinum.
– A doctor who specializes in defining medical problems by interpreting imaging studies, such as X-rays, mammograms, CT scans (“CAT” Scans), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), PET scans, and ultrasound.
– is a subspecialty of radiology in which minimally invasive procedures are performed using image guidance. Some of these procedures are done for purely diagnostic purposes (e.g., angiograms), while others are done for treatment purposes.
– A doctor who specializes in diagnosing medical problems by looking under the microscope at organ and tissue samples, such as tissue taken during a biopsy.
Integrative medicine specialist
– combines conventional medical treatments and alternative treatments for which there is some high-quality scientific evidence of their safety and effectiveness.
Gastrointestinal cancer patient social worker
– A master's-prepared social worker who is available to assess, support and counsel patients and their families through the process of treatment and recovery related to gastrointestinal cancers.
Clinical research staff
– Physicians, scientists, doctors, nurses and support personnel who participate in specialized research of cancer including those who perform bench research, patient education and follow up with patients.