Diabetes support groups
Whether you have had diabetes for some time or are newly diagnosed, our program offers you and your family the knowledge and self-care skills necessary to live a healthy life. At Providence Diabetes Education, it’s our goal to help you live well – and to keep you well informed.
Diabetes support groups offer patients the opportunity to:
- Learn more about managing your diabetes with certified diabetes educators
- Connect with others and get support you need to live well with diabetes
Diabetes support groups meet monthly. The groups are free to attend and open to all.
2013 Support Group Schedule:
- Providence Diabetes Education, 9340 SW Barnes Road, Suite 200
Meets the second Thursday of each month, 6-7:30 p.m.*
- Providence Portland Diabetes Education Center, 5211 NE Glisan St., Bldg C
Meets the second Tuesday of each month, 6-7:30 p.m.*
- Providence Willamette Falls Community Education Center, 519 15th St., Oregon City
Meets the first Tuesday of each month, 12-1 p.m.*
- Providence Newberg Medical Center, Dundee/Sherwood Room
Meets the third Monday of each month, 6-7:30 p.m.*
- Providence Seaside Medical Center, Education Room A
Meets the last Monday of each month, 1:30-2:30 p.m.*
*No groups May through October, as well as December
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Providence Professional Plaza
Meets the third Thursday of each month, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
*No group meetings in August or December 2013 for all sites except Medford.
These groups supplement, but do not replace, personal diabetes education. Diabetes education is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance companies. Call us to schedule an appointment with a diabetes educator.