Cardiac risk reduction program
People can dramatically reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease by changing what they eat and how they exercise. Let us help you make simple lifestyle changes to reduce your risk of cardiac disease.
Who is the program for?
If you have any of the following conditions, studies have shown you are more likely to develop heart disease or have a heart attack:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Family history of heart disease
- Sedentary lifestyle
How does the program work?
After your provider refers you to our program, our team of exercise physiologists, registered nurses, dietitians and diabetes educators will create a custom program designed for you that is overseen by one of our cardiologists.
What should I expect while in the program?
Our risk-reduction program includes:
- An exercise program supervised up to three times a week by our exercise physiologist
- Nutrition analysis with a registered dietitian
- Classes to help you understand heart disease and risk factors, medications, stress management, nutrition and exercise
- Support from other program participants
How do I qualify?
To participate in this program you will need a referral from your provider and at least one of the risk factors identified above. Please check with your insurance provider to determine if these services are covered under your insurance plan.
Providence's Cardiac Conditioning Center in Hood River offers a professionally supervised exercise and education program for patients at risk for or with prior heart problems.