Cancer risk assessment and genetic counseling
Also known as:
Cancer genetic testing, cancer genetic counseling, risk assessment and counseling, cancer screening and prevention education
Cancer risk assessment examines personal and family history information that influences cancer risk.
Providence Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Program helps patients assess their individual cancer risk and outlines steps patients can take to reduce personal risk and detect cancer as early as possible.
- Identify personal cancer risk factors based on medical history and lifestyle factors
- Explain how family history of cancer influences risk
- Determine whether genetic testing is likely to be useful based on family history
- Recommend a customized set of cancer screening tests
- Provide strategies to reduce cancer risk