Cancer lymphedema therapy
Also known as:
Lymphedema therapy, Breast cancer therapy, Post-breast surgery exercise program, Therapy, cancer lymphedema
Providence Health & Services offers a variety of rehabilitation oncology programs for therapy related to breast cancer.
General oncology services
- Inpatient and outpatient occupational therapy or physical therapy assessment and treatment for safety issues, rehabilitation needs (including general strengthening, range of motion, conditioning) or assistive devices.
- Complete decongestive physiotherapy (CDP) involves bandaging for compression, manual lymphatic drainage and exercise for improved lymph flow, skin care, referral for fitting of compression garments and education to enable self-management of this condition.
- Treatment options include instruction for using a compression pump or one-time consultation for education on self-care/prevention for those at risk for developing lymphedema.
- LANA-certified lymphedema therapists
Post-breast surgery exercise program
- Exercise instruction/progression for restoring normal motion and strength to the neck, torso and arms following breast surgery.
- Patient education on arm care and resuming functional activities.
Instruction in scar mobilization to restore mobility of the skin and to help achieve normal shoulder girdle motion.
To make a referral or for more information about cancer lymphedema therapy, please contact us.
After illness, injury or disability, people in our community turn to Providence Rehabilitation Services
for help in regaining strength and independence. Last year, Providence Rehabilitation served more than 86,000 adults and children.