Also known as:
Newborn feeding, lactation services
Consultations are private and last from 30 to 90 minutes and are covered by most insurance plans.
- Prenatal Consultations: A private appointment before the baby is born can help a pregnant woman prepare for successful breastfeeding and solve potential problems before they occur.
- Newborn Consults: Mothers and babies can meet privately with a lactation consultant to address specific breastfeeding questions. Techniques and detailed information are explained.
- Urgent Consults: Consultations are available at all stages of breastfeeding. Common concerns include slow weight gain, breast infections, and recurrent pain during feedings.
Now offering direct billing to insurance for breast pumps – a benefit that moms can now use when they visit our east and west Portland clinics for lactation consultation and other services.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call:
- West Portland: 503-216-4033
- East Portland: 503-215-6085
- Newberg: 503-537-1400
- Hood River: 541-387-6344