Epic upgrade set for Feb. 8 in Oregon
December 16, 2014
Janice Newell senior vice president, chief information officer
Deb Burton senior vice president, chief nursing officer
Please note: This information only applies to ministries using the Providence Epic system and not those of our affiliates at Swedish, PacMed or Kadlec.
In order to ensure that the transition to the 2014 version of Epic goes as smoothly as possible and to improve our ability to adjust to any unexpected issues, the Epic upgrade will take place over two nights, Feb. 7-8.
The sequence and timing are as follows:
- Alaska ministries will be upgraded first, early Saturday morning, Feb. 7.
- The remaining Providence ministries in Washington, Oregon, California and Montana will be upgraded early Sunday morning, Feb. 8.
A few key facts to keep in mind about the upgrade:
- The upgrade will start after midnight.
- There will be approximately three hours of downtime when the upgrade goes live. Specifically Alaska ministries can expect to experience downtime after midnight on Saturday, Feb. 7. The remaining Providence ministries can expect to experience downtime after midnight on Sunday, Feb. 8.
- The command center will open on the first night of the upgrade (Saturday, Feb. 7). It is scheduled to be open for two weeks.
- Additional details about timing, downtime, training and how to get support during the upgrade will be available soon.
More information about the Epic upgrade can be found in the January issue of Pulse.