Providence Portland Medical Center named a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence
August 01, 2014
Providence Portland Medical Center has been named an ACR-designated Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence (DICOE) by the Commission on Quality and Safety. This distinction represents the pinnacle of medical imaging care and goes beyond accreditation to recognize best-quality imaging practices and diagnostic care and superior patient care.
Providence Portland is only the tenth facility to recieve the DICOE award in the nation and the first on the West Coast.
As a DICOE facility, Providence Portland Medical Center:
- Provides patients with the utmost confidence of receiving today’s highest levels of imaging quality, safety and care
- Offers excellence at multiple levels — the professional staff, technology, policies and procedures
- Has achieved accreditation by the American College of Radiology in all imaging modalities that we provide
- Has exceeded the standard requirements of accreditation to achieve the designation of Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence from the American College of Radiology
- Has an ongoing process for self-assessment (and improvement) including participation in the ACR Dose Index Registry® and General Radiology Improvement Database
This accreditation will be in effect until August 2017.