Success Strategies for School: Parenting children with ADHD without losing your mind
As a speaker and Child Psychologist, Dr. Kristin Valerius has helped hundreds of local families find balance and resilience. Her energetic and interactive style will give you practical strategies you can use immediately!
Please join us for this free and exciting event when Kristin will help families focus on:
- Setting expectations for children who experience ADHD
- Communication around diagnoses
- Building accommodation plans and incentives
- Giving and getting feedback on behaviors and assignments and helping set habits for homework
- Communication strategies with the school
- Winning battles on the home front while slaying meltdowns
- Staying Strong: Remember to take care of yourself
This training is intended for families and caregivers, or those new to the subject.
Register at www.providence.org/classes. Click on “online class catalog” and search by class name for “Swindells Center–ADHD School Success.”
To register by phone, call 503-215-2429 or 800-833-8899 ext 52429. Spanish registration and interpretation services are available. Please call 503-574-6595 before Oct. 23.
This workshop is free thanks to the generosity of our donors. For a certificate of attendance, there is a $25 fee.