When your primary physician or specialist recommends thoracic surgery for a disease or condition that affects your lungs or chest, our thoracic surgery team will work with you from the time of diagnosis to discharge from the hospital. Our thoracic surgeons will present a treatment plan and provide the necessary information to guide you through the surgery and inpatient process, to returning home to managing your condition.
Providence Thoracic Surgery team offers:
- High volume
- Multidisciplinary management. Our surgeons participate in weekly Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Conferences where patients' treatment plans are discussed and a best practice treatment plan is recommended by team members from: pulmonology, radiology, pathology, thoracic surgery, medical oncology and radiation oncology.
- Clinical care is rendered in designated defined geographic areas with specialized staff in operating rooms, critical care units and nursing floors.
- Participation in Providence Thoracic Surgery database for quality improvement.
- Our surgeons participate in expert-to-expert consultation with surgeons throughout Providence Health and Services' five-state region.
- Providence Thoracic Surgery clinicians are part of Providence Thoracic Surgery Program.