Providence Seaside Hospital offers a continuum of health care from our beautiful birthing suites to the 22-bed extended care facility located in the hospital building.
A critical access hospital, Providence Seaside serves a resort community and the surrounding area. In the summer, the population of the city of Seaside can swell from 5,600 to more than 60,000 people. Providence Seaside Hospital has meets the challenge with a state-of-the-art emergency department, 24-hour-a-day inhouse physician coverage and extensive remodeling.
With access to Providence Health & Services and in concert with the physicians of the Providence Medical Group clinics on the North Oregon Coast, Providence Seaside Hospital has a network of physician specialists who regularly come to the coast to see patients for specialty care, including: cardiology, oncology, dermatology, rheumatology and pulmonology.
Our goal is to provide patients with health care and health education that is on the cutting edge, and based on our Mission and core values, giving the best in compassionate health care and respecting the dignity of each person.
Hospital Leadership & Recognition
- Chief executive: Michael Blauer
- Chief operations officier, chief nursing executive, Bonnie M. Thompson, RN,MSN, MBA
- Chief financial officer: Pam Hayes
- Director, human resources: Marti Hanen
- Director, public relations and marketing: Paulette McCoy
- Director, mission and spiritual care: Mary Trudell
- Director, Foundation: Sydney Van Dusen
- Chairman, Providence Seaside Foundation Board: Lance Allbriton
- Chief of medical staff: Timothy Opie, M.D.
- Chairman, North Coast Service Area Advisory Council: Jim Broyles
Providence Seaside Hospital's Extended Care Unit is rated one of the best nursing homes in Oregon by U.S. News and World Report in Feb. 2011, 2012.
100 Best Companies to Work For, by Oregon Business Magazine, 2006, 2005, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996: Providence Health System in Oregon
Providence Health System "TEAMWORKS" Award: Providence Seaside Hospital Surgical Services Nursing Team
Quality Award for excellence in HMOs, from National Research Corporation, 1997: Providence Health Plan, Oregon
Accreditation, merger/consolidation review pending, by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), 1998; one of the most coveted distinctions in health care: Providence Health Plan, Oregon
Ranked among the nation's top HMOs by Newsweek and U.S.News & World Report, 1998: Providence Health Plan, Oregon
Elder Friendly certification 2005 - Elders in Action