Providence Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Clinic offers world-class care for patients with benign and malignant tumors of the oral cavity (mouth), tongue, pharynx (throat), larynx (voice box), nose, paranasal sinuses, salivary glands and thyroid gland, as well as tumors at the skull base.
Our multidisciplinary treatment team includes physicians, dentists, nurses, speech pathologists, audiologists, nutritionists and social workers, who work together to provide optimal tumor control and maximal functional and aesthetic outcomes.
As the region's most comprehensive multidisciplinary service dedicated exclusively to patients with oral, head and neck cancers (also known as mouth or throat cancer), we offer:
- Extensive experience in evaluation and treatment of a variety of head and neck tumors involving the oral cavity, larynx, pharynx, nose, paranasal sinuses, thyroid and salivary glands, cutaneous malignancies and periorbital tumors
- Comprehensive reconstruction, including microvascular free tissue transfer, dental implant-supported prosthetic rehabilitation, and voice and swallowing rehabilitation
- Convenient and prompt access to comprehensive services
- Close collaboration among patients, caregivers, referring physicians and cancer specialists
- Cancer support, information and referral for patients through Providence Cancer Support Services and Providence Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Program
- Access to innovative therapies and clinical trials through the Robert W. Franz Cancer Research Center in the Earl A. Chiles Research Institute at Providence Cancer Center
Please see our program page for a comprehensive overview of our clinical services, translational research, and clinical trials dedicated to patients with head and neck cancer.