Providence Health & Services overview
Providence Health & Services in Oregon, ranked as one of the most integrated health care systems in the nation, offers a comprehensive array of health and education services through its eight hospitals, medical clinics, health plans, long-term care facilities and home health services. With more than 17,000 employees, Providence is the state’s largest private employer.
Built with the environment in mind
Providence Newberg is the first Gold LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certified hospital in the country. LEED is a certification from the U.S. Green Building Council to encourage and support construction of healthier, more energy efficient buildings.
The building location maximizes views and daylight for heating and cooling efficiency. Courtyards increase natural lighting inside the building – every patient room hasnatural light. Specially treated windows improve heating and cooling efficiency.
Occupancy sensors control lighting and HVAC, cycling down systems when they are not in use. Our ventilation system does not recycle air inside the building. The air you breathe is 100 percent fresh.
Learn more about what makes us the nation's greenest hospital.
The healing garden outside Ruth’s Café allows patients, visitors and employees to take advantage of spectacular views of nearby Parrett Mountain.
- Campus size: 56 acres
- Medical Center: 175,500 square feet
- Hospital: 138,000 square feet
- Licensed for 40 beds
- Medical Office Building: 37,500 square feet
- Parking: 416 parking spaces
- Room to Grow With a 56-acre campus, there is plenty of room to grow to meet future community needs.
- The professional staff (formerly medical staff) represents more than 250 physicians.
- $70.6 million
- More than $5.2 million raised community support of the “The Time is Now” campaign
- Guinness World Record Groundbreaking Event: Sept. 27, 2003 (2,453 diggers!)
- Site work: Sept. 2003 – Feb. 2004
- Construction began: July 2004
- Building commissioning and preparation: May 2006
- Open for patient care: June 16, 2006
Construction fast facts
- Hours of labor: 450,000
- Number of workers on the job: 1,030
- Days of construction: 550
- Concrete poured: 8,332 cubic yards
- Dirt moved during excavation: 10,000 dump truck loads
- Rebar: 554,000 pounds
- Underground piping outside the building: 3.7 miles
- Underground plumbing inside the building: 1.9 miles
Medical Center layout
Providence Newberg Medical Center (PNMC) is a replacement facility for Providence Newberg Hospital. PNMC is a regional, state-of-the-art medical center featuring the following services:
- General Medical
- Surgical Services
- Inman Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Sleep Center (located at 1515 Portland Rd., Newberg)
- Emergency Department
Medical Office Building:
- This three-story building houses 30 physicians and providers.
- First floor: Providence Medical Group Newberg – family medicine
- Second floor: Providence Medical Group Newberg – internal medicine
- Third floor: Women’s Healthcare Associates & Columbia Cardiology
Patient & Community Services Building:
This two-story structure holds the main public lobby and information desk and the majority of non-clinical services – admitting, human resources, conference rooms, gift shop, medical records, employee and occupational health and the administration and business office.
This three-story building is connected to the medical office and administrative buildings by two, two-story walls of glass and Ruth’s Café.
Lower level: Support services including materials management, engineering, housekeeping, bio-med and dietary.
First floor: Patients needing surgical services or outpatient procedures such as laboratory work or diagnostic imaging will check in here. Diagnostic imaging equipment includes MRI, CT, nuclear medicine, radiology and fluoroscopy. Surgical services offers three operating rooms, 18 short-stay rooms and sterile processing. A 15-bed emergency department and a retail pharmacy are also located on this floor.
Second floor: This floor is the main inpatient area of the hospital and includes a 27-bed medical surgical unit; an eight-bed birthing center (complete with spacious rooms and jacuzzi tubs); and a four-bed intensive care unit. The floor is designed to expand with patient demand. For example, the ICU can expand to eight beds and the birth center can flow into the medical surgical unit if necessary. Patient rooms can easily convert into “step-down” rooms for those who require a level of care between the ICU and the general nursing unit. Also located on this floor is inpatient rehabilitation.
- Skanska USA Building, Inc.
These telephone numbers are provided to allow you to contact Providence Newberg Medical Center, hospital departments and physician clinics. For routine medical concerns, please contact your health care provider.
For life threatening emergencies, please call 911.
|Providence Newberg Medical Center: 503-537-1555
|The Birth Center
|Intensive Care Unit
|Community Education Classes
|Lifeline - Help at the touch of a button
|Occupational Health - Drug Testing
|Public Affairs & Marketing
|Providence Medical Group
|Providence Medical Group - Newberg
1003 Providence Drive, Newberg, OR 97132
|Providence Medical Group - Sherwood
16770 Edy Road, Sherwood, OR 97140