When your doctor feels that you are ready to leave the hospital he or she will authorize a hospital discharge. Please speak with your nurse about our discharge procedures.
Here are few tips to make the discharge process run smoothly:
- Be sure you and/or your caregiver have spoken with a discharge planner and that you understand what services you may need after leaving the hospital.
- Verify your discharge date and time with your nurse or doctor.
- Have someone available to pick you up.
- Check your room, bathroom and bedside table carefully for any personal items.
- Make sure you or your caregiver has all necessary paperwork for billing, referrals, prescriptions, etc.