Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital is a full-service, critical-access hospital with a 24-hour Emergency Department serving five counties in the Columbia River Gorge.
Providence offers a wide range of health care services through its clinics, care centers and senior living facilities. For ongoing updates, "like" us on Facebook.
Giving Back to our Community:
- Community support (2011 total): $5.7 million, major projects include:
- $3.2 million in charity care
- School district support: $165,342
- Mid-Valley Resource Center: $50,000
- Inpatient satisfaction: 95th percentile
- Emergency Department: 90th percentile
- High-level employee engagement score: 83 percent favorable
- Physician engagement: Top 50 percent of hospitals of similar size
Awards and Recognition:
- Received 2012 Practice Greenhealth's Partner Recognition Award for environmental excellence
- Named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital in America by The National Rural Health Association
- Health Grades recognized Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital for "Superior Clinical Performance in Joint Replacement."
- SDI, a national health care research firm, announced that Providence Health & Services-Oregon Region has, for the ninth consecutive year, attained a "top 10" ranking on its list of the 100 most highly integrated health care networks. Providence is named seventh in the nation, fourth in the West and first in Oregon.
Statistics of Interest (2011)
- Employees: 540
- Total medical staff: 245
- Active medical staff: 73
- Number of beds: 25-15
- Inpatient medical/surgical-6
- Births: 400
- Admissions: 1,604
- Emergency department visits: 8,765
- Average inpatient length of stay: 2.7 days
Contracted insurance carriers: Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, CareOregon, Cigna, Coventry, Great West, Humana, Lifewise Health Plans, Medicare, Medicaid (Oregon), ODS, PacificSource Health Plans, Providence Health Plan, Tricare, Tuality Health Alliance, United HealthCare, UHC West.
Contracted Medicare Advantage carriers: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon, ODS, PacificSource.
Contracted insurance networks: Beech Street PPO, First Choice Health Network, First Health PPO, MHN, Private HealthCare Systems, Providence Preferred.