Visiting Hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Daily. (ICU visitors should check with the nurse.)
Family and friends can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome and encouraged to visit. Please remember – patient care is our primary concern at Hood River Memorial Hospital. The following guidelines and rules must be followed for the sake of our patients:
- Visitors may not smoke anywhere on the Hospital campus, except in their own cars.
- People with colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases are encouraged not to visit patients.
- Visitors must dress appropriately, and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors at one time. Visits should be kept short. Visitors should maintain a quiet environment.
- Children under the age of ten years must be supervised by an adult at all times, in all areas of the Hospital and grounds.
- Family Birth Center visitors must be in the patient's room or in the waiting area just outside the Birth Center. They may not wait in the Birth Center hallways.
- Visitors needing assistance to get to a patient's room may ask at the lobby or emergency desks for help.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors needing to see patients after regular visiting hours must request a Visitor Pass from the Emergency Admitting Desk.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgery patients on the day of surgery.
Staying Overnight With a Patient
Some special circumstances require that a family member or designee stay overnight with a patient. Whenever possible, we will try to accommodate the personal needs of the overnight visitor. Please talk to a member of the nursing staff if a visitor is planning to spend the night.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician. This information is only available to members of your immediate family whom you designate to receive it.
Gifts for Patients
Before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients, visitors should check with the nurse to make sure the gift is appropriate. On the Intensive Care Unit, please check with the nurses' station regarding any gifts for patients.
Free parking for patients and visitors is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week in all Hospital lots. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in specially designated areas. Please be sure to lock your car.