If your child needs to be hospitalized, our 24-bed children’s inpatient care unit has been designed with children in mind to provide specialized care in a family-friendly environment. It includes:
- Private, spacious rooms with a bed for caregivers
- A designated meeting area for families
- A playroom where kids can be kids
- Child-friendly artwork on the walls and ceilings
- Separate treatment rooms to preserve your child’s hospital room as a “safe” zone
- Four beds designated for our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
These physicians are in the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week to care for routine and urgent medical needs. Your child’s primary doctor or surgeon may request that one of our pediatric hospitalists be involved in your child’s care. If a hospitalist cares for your child, he or she will communicate with your child’s primary doctor during the hospitalization. After hospitalization, the hospitalist will send all reports resulting from your child’s stay to this primary doctor.
Our nationally certified pediatric nurses have the special training and expertise to care for and support hospitalized children and their families 24 hours a day.