Shock

Shock may develop as the result of sudden illness or injury, or bleeding. When the body cannot get enough blood to the vital organs, it goes into shock. Sometimes even a mild injury will lead to shock.

Shock is a life-threatening condition. If a person develops signs of shock, call 911 or other emergency services and begin home treatment immediately.

Signs of shock include:
  • Passing out (losing consciousness).
  • Feeling very dizzy or lightheaded, like you may pass out.
  • Feeling very weak or having trouble standing up.
  • Being less alert. You may suddenly be unable to respond to questions, or you may be confused, restless, or fearful.

Providence Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine provides inpatient and outpatient consultation, evaluation and state-of-the-art treatment for a wide range of acute and chronic lung diseases and critical illnesses. 

Latest News

View All