Ninth Annual Providence Thoracic Oncology Symposium for specialists
View the latest technological advances, research findings and tools for the diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer. Our 2010 symposia brought together speakers of national repute who addressed lung cancer professionals regarding multidisciplinary specialized care of the lung cancer patient.
This educational program is directed toward physicians specializing in lung cancer. Nurses, fellows, and pharmacists in the oncology field who are interested in the treatment of lung cancer will also benefit.
Find information on our speakers and symposia content.
- An Irreverent look at screening for lung cancer, Gerard A. Silvestri, M.D., M.S.
- Surgery: How the spectrum of disease and treatment is changing, Frank C. Detterbeck, M.D., FACS, FCCP
- Accurate staging in non-small cell lung cancer, Michael Skokan, M.D.
- SBRT for Lung Cancer and Future Indications, Steven Seung, M.D., Ph.D.
- Navigating Personalized Therapy for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Karen L. Reckamp, M.D., M.S.
- Palliative Care in the Treatment of Lung Cancer, Woodruff English, M.D.
- Clinical Trials and Multidisciplinary Care, Rachel E. Sanborn, M.D.
- Changing Outcomes for Lung Cancer Surgery: Moving Beyond Mortality, John R. Handy Jr., M.D., Hon.D.
This program is made possible through educational grants from:
- Genentech Bio oncology
- OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc