CASCADE: A randomized, double-blind phase 3 study of vadastuximab talirine (SGN-CD33A) versus placebo in combination with azacitidine or decitabine in the treatment of older patients with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
The purpose of this study in AML patients is to test whether vadastuximab talirine (SGN-CD33A; 33A) combined with either azacitidine or decitabine extends overall survival longer than placebo combined with either azacitidine or decitabine.
* Newly diagnosed, previously untreated, cytologically/histologically confirmed de novo or secondary AML according to World Health Organization (WHO) classification (except for acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL))
* Intermediate or adverse cytogenetic risk
* Eligible for therapy with either decitabine or azacitidine
John Godwin, M.D.
Seattle Genetics Inc.
- Oncology and Hematology Care Eastside
- Oncology and Hematology Care Westside