A Multicenter, Open-label, Randomized, Phase 3 Trial to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Lenvatinib in Combination with Everolimus or Pembrolizumab Versus Sunitinib Alone in First-Line Treatment of Subjects with Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma (CLEAR).
This is a multicenter, randomized, open-label, Phase 3 study to compare the efficacy and safety of lenvatinib in combination with everolimus (Arm A) or pembrolizumab (Arm B) versus sunitinib (Arm C) as first-line treatment in participants with advanced renal cell carcinoma.
* Histological or cytological confirmation of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) with a clear-cell component
* At least 1 measurable target lesion according to Response Evaluation in Solid Tumors (RECIST) 1.1
* Karnofsky Performance Status (KPS) of ≥70
* Subjects who have received any systemic anticancer therapy for RCC, including anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) therapy, or any systemic investigational anticancer agent
* Subjects with central nervous system (CNS) metastases are not eligible, unless they have completed local therapy (eg, whole brain radiation therapy (WBRT), surgery or radiosurgery) and have discontinued the use of corticosteroids for this indication for at least 4 weeks before starting treatment in this study. Any signs (eg, radiologic) or symptoms of brain metastases must be stable for at least 4 weeks before starting study treatment
* Active malignancy (except for RCC, definitively treated basal or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, and carcinoma in-situ of the cervix or bladder) within the past 24 months. Subjects with history of localized & low risk prostate cancer are allowed in the study if they were treated with curative intent and there is no prostate specific antigen (PSA) recurrence within the past 5 years
* Prior radiation therapy within 21 days prior to start of study treatment with the exception of palliative radiotherapy to bone lesions, which is allowed if completed 2 weeks prior to study treatment start
Brendan Curti, M.D.
EISAI Medical Research
- Oncology and Hematology Care Eastside