Phase II Randomized Study of High Dose Interleukin-2 Versus Stereotactic Body Radiation (SBRT) and High Dose Interleukin-2 (IL-2) in Patients with Metastatic Melanoma.
The purpose of this study is compare the response rates in patients with metastatic melanoma treated with high-dose IL-2 to patients treated with high-dose IL-2 along with radiation therapy.
* Histological confirmation of melanoma will be required by previous biopsy or cytology.
* Tumors amenable to SBRT in lungs, mediastinum, chest wall, bones (other than long bones), or liver (inclusive of immediately adjacent masses), 1 – 3 foci; no minimum size, but none greater than 7 cm. Patients may have other metastases but only a maximum of 3 will be treated.
* ECOG performance status of 0-1.
Brendan Curti, M.D.
Earle A Chiles Research Institute (EACRI)
- Oncology and Hematology Care Eastside
- Oncology and Hematology Care Newberg
- Providence Portland Medical Center